Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Truth

I've pondered a lot about truth. What is truth? Everything is so confusing. It is so much more common today for people to create their own belief and call it a truth. But what is the honest truth?
I guess everyone has a different opinion, of course. But isn't gravity still gravity? The apple still falls down from the tree no matter how much we convince ourselves to believe that it will one day fall upwards to the sky.
There are many beliefs, but there is only one truth. So how do we figure it out?


What difference would it make? Why bother trying to figure it out? Who cares? There are so many questions, differing opinions and interesting and sometimes senesless answers.


But I do know a few things. I know, for sure, and that is really cool. There is a lot less anxiety with a sure knowledge. There is peace and steadiness in understanding, accepting and applying real truth.
1. I know that God lives.
2. I know He has a plan for us and that families can live together forever in happiness if we follow Him.
3. I know we all chose to be here on earth and that God has not stranded us.
4. I know that you can know those things too, without a shadow of a doubt, 'Nothing wavering' (James 1:6).


Heavenly Father loves us so much and He gives us this ability to choose and make choices. So He doesn't force truth on anyone, but He makes this promise:


"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened." Matthew 7:7-8

"For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy ghost, as well in these times as in times of old, and as well in times of old as in times to come..."
1 Nephi 10:19 (Book of Mormon)


"Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you; seek me diligently and ye shall find me; ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." Doctrine & Covenants 88:63


I know that if you diligently seek and ask with:
1. A sincere heart
2. Faith in Christ
3. Real intent to follow God


Heavenly Father will:
"...manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost. And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.(Moroni 10:4-5)"


I know that is true because I've done it myself. The Spirit is an undeniable witness from God that He lives, that He loves us, that He sent His Son, Jesus Christ and that He has restored His Gospel by His prophet Joseph Smith.
Brothers and Sisters, I love you! And I hope with all my heart that you will find out for yourself, with an undeniable assurance from God that we can know truth for ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment